'Wolverhampton Safeguarding' is the partnership that is responsible for Adults' and Children's safeguarding in our city.
Safeguarding is all about promoting the well-being of vulnerable people and keeping them safe from abuse and neglect.
Safeguarding adults (specifically those with care and support needs) is the responsibility of Wolverhampton Safeguarding Adults Board (WSAB).
Safeguarding children (all children and young people under the age of 18 years) is the responsibility of Wolverhampton Safeguarding Children Board (WSCB).
Each Board is responsible for:
- overseeing the quality of the safeguarding arrangements of all the organisations in the city that work with either adults or children or both
- making sure that all partners work effectively together
To make sure that all organisations in the partnership are properly held to account for their role in keeping people safe, both Boards are chaired by an Independent Chairperson. In Wolverhampton this is Alan Coe. Alan makes sure that:
- they work closely together on safeguarding issues that affect both children and adults
- lessons learned from good practice and from when things go wrong, are shared across work with all age groups
- the 2 Boards make efficient use of the resources they have available
- all partners have a ‘Think Family’ approach
- partners support young people better as they become adults at the age of 18.
To find out more about the work,governance, performance and processes of each Board, click on the images below.