-A A A+
I have been abused or neglected

For most types of abuse the best thing to do is to tell somebody you trust.

However if you are at risk of Forced Marriage or Honour Based Violence, it is safest to get help directly from the police by calling 999 and not involve anyone else including family and friends as doing so might put you more at risk!

If you have had Female Genital Mutilation (FGM) you can get help and support from your GP or other healthcare practitioners.

If you think you might be at risk of FGM, 'sunna', female genital cutting or female circumcision call Adult Social Care on 01902 551199 (between 8:30am and 5:00pm {4:30pm on Fridays).

If outside these hours call the Emergency Duty team on 01902 552999. or if at immediate risk call 999.

For all other types of abuse and neglect ....

If you feel that you are being abused or neglected, there are several things you could do:

1. Tell someone you trust immediately; this might be:

  • a family member
  • a friend
  • a visiting professional such as a nurse or care worker
  • your family doctor (GP)
  • a hospital doctor or nurse
  • a Police officer
  • a housing officer

All of these people are part of inter-agency safeguarding agreements and know what to do if someone is feeling afraid or is being abused or neglected.  They will pass on the information you give them to someone who can help or will help you to pass this information on yourself.

They will not do anything which will make things worse for you and your views, wishes and feelings will always be considered.

2. You can report using our Safeguarding Adult Concern and Notification form which should be sent to the email address at the end of the form.

3. You can ring 01902 551199 to report your concern to the Council or talk to someone about the fact that you don't feel safe

4. Ring the Police - phone 101 if you don' feel safe but aren't in immediate danger, or phone 999 if you are in immediate danger.

5. You can also contact Healthwatch Wolverhampton on 0800 470 1944. They can help you if you are having, or have had, any concerns about health or social care services that you (or someone you know) are receiving or have received. They can also help signpost you to other relevant services if you are unsure of where to turn.

Our Partners

© 2020 Wolverhampton Safeguarding Together

Quick Exit